Saturday, May 19, 2012

proud

As you all know, my husband is a drummer. We have been together for 8 years and and I have seen him evolve into an absolutely amazing musician. I have watched him go from strumming a borrowed guitar in his living room, to playing in the worship band at church, and now, he is in a great band, that is on the road to something great. 


I am so proud of him, words can't even explain it. Every time I see him play it, I am blown away. He is good. REALLY good. And now he is going to the same events as really famous musicians. This is Brad and Kristian Bush of the one and only Sugarland:



I still can't really wrap my mind around this. It's just crazy. I mean, what if the band really does make it big? I know it won't all be easy. He was gone for a week this time. And it was really hard. I missed him like crazy. I'd venture to say that if and when Softsilence goes on tour he will be gone for a lot more than a week at a time. But, we have made it through so much already, I know that we will survive anything else life dishes us. I am just so proud of Brad for not giving up on his dream and continuing to work for it, and showing our kids that you can do anything you want to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment