Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter Egg


 Yesterday was Easter, and our first holiday away from our families. We missed them, especially Mema and her breakfast, but we had a great day. The band came over and hung out and stuffed their faces with us. It was nice having friends around. I like having people over, I've just never had the room before.I feel like I was cooking all day long, but it was worth it. I made roast chicken, red potatoes, salad, cupcakes, rolo turtles, deviled eggs ( I even dyed the whites of the eggs so they were extra easter-ish.) I also made 2 different kinds of dips, 2 different kinds of salad dressing and cheesecake stuffed strawberries. Most of it was from scratch. I cheated and used funfetti cake mix for the cupcakes. I think most of it came out pretty yummy, if I do say so myself.



Dyed Deviled Eggs
Easter Bunny Cupcakes

Rolo Turtles.... Always everyone's favorite



Before all the food, the kids hunted eggs and discovered baskets and bunny prints left behind be the Easter Bunny. It was all great fun. Easter was always one of my favorite holidays, and it seems like my babies feel the same way! All in all it was a great day. We are diggin Nashville so far!

Seaching for eggs in the backyard

Brother and Sissy

Easter Bunny Tracks!

Checkin out the Haul

No comments:

Post a Comment