Monday, April 30, 2012

Brookies

I've got another recipe for y'all. ( <-----Check me out! I'm getting more and more southern by the day!) Today we made some delightful nuggets of goodness. I'm not exactly sure what to call these, but for now I will call them Brookies. Half cookie, half brownie, and REALLY simple, but super impressive.

Look how yummy they look!


 The original recipe that inspired these is here. (Have I mentioned how much I LOVE pinterest?) I really only made very minor changes.

Preheat oven to 350

Using a cupcake pan, smoosh down some refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough in first.  The kind of dough I used was already divided into cookies, and I used 2 cookies in each cup.

Next, I took a Werther's Original Caramel chew, and put in on top of the cookie dough.

The last step, is the brownie top! I used good ol' boxed brownie mix, but feel free to show me up, and whip some up from scratch. Spoon the brownie mix over the cookie dough, and caramel chews.

Bake for about 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, blah, blah, blah. I'm sure you know the drill. Let them cool before you try to take them out of the pan. I was a little to anxious and had a couple crumble on me. They still taste good that way, but just don't look a pretty.

Finally, EAT! And if you make them while your Husband is at work, like I did, make sure you either save him some, or get rid of ALL evidence that they existed.  He might be upset that he didn't get any. Sorry, Brad!


No comments:

Post a Comment