Friday, February 3, 2012

The Cost of Living

We are starting to look for rental houses in the Nashville area. Most of the houses listed now, are hoping to be rented by March. So we will probably have to wait a few more weeks before we find our house. But the difference in housing prices between here and there is just insane. Just so you can get an idea of the huge difference, our old crappy 1 bedroom apartment, with a patio the size of a bathtub was a 1,000 dollars a month. The house that i'm in love with right now in Tennessee, is 850 a month for a 3 bedroom house on 6 ACRES of land (And it has a big kitchen which I love/need). Sure, Ventura is beautiful, and has the beach and everything, but I can probably count on my fingers the number of times I have been to the beach in the past 3 years. SOOO.... I think everyone should move with us..

Coming from a girl with about 1 square foot of counter space, this would just be amazing! I could really put my Kitchen Aid into action and make a ton of yummy crap! I already have a list going in my head, and a freakin pinboard on Pinterest. I hope the band is hungry!

This apartment is 825 a month. They are
                         really nice, but we are hoping to get a house with a backyard for the beasts.



This is the one Brad wants. Its a mile from a lake and 795 a month.




I rest my case. All of our family and friends should move with us. It's cheap and I will make you baked goods.

1 comment:

  1. Two years ago we were going to move to florida for the same reason. Branden could find a ton of work out there and the cost of living is NOTHING. AT the time Joe (Emma's father) wouldn't allow me to go. Which in the long run turned out better. Once the hot humid summer hit, Branden wanted to come back home ASAP. Now, after he had told me he would never leave Florida.... he won't go back. LOL!
    Like I said before I heard TN is beautiful. If you can handle seasons, you got this! I on the other hand hate to be cold and hate to be too hot. I wouldn't make it.
    P.S. Those houses look amazing. We are paying $1700 for our 3 bedroom now. It's pricey, and we could be in a 3 story mansion for that any where else. Pretty sad.

    ReplyDelete