Monday, February 6, 2012

Superbowl

Yesterday was the Superbowl. I couldn't tell you one thing about the game, other than the Patriots lost. We went to a party at our best friends house and just had a great time hanging out, with them and a few other awesome friends, eating yummy food. (and Jello shots!)
I brought cake pops that I attempted to make look like footballs. They weren't perfect, but not terrible either. and they tasted good, and that's all that REALLY matters, right?



If you are interested in making cake pops, they are SO easy. Just make a cake, I used the boxed stuff, but you could be fancy and make one from scratch. After the cake is done baking and cooling (which is important if you don't want to burn your fingers off) crumble it all up. This is the reason I like these. My cakes NEVER come out looking pretty. With these it doesn't matter. Anyway, crumble the cake and mix it with a can of frosting. (again, you can get fancy here, and make it yourself, but I didn't do that.) Mix the crumbled cake, and frosting together. It will be play-doh-ish. Roll into little balls and pop in the freezer for a while to harden up a little. Once you have done that, you can put in the lollipop sticks, (dip them in melted chocolate first to make them really stick in there) another couple minutes in the freezer, and you can dip them in chocolate and decorate them however you like. And people are always impressed with them!

Any-who.. Ever since we left the party, I've been a little (a lot) sad. I'm really going to miss my friends and family. I don't have a lot of good friends, or a lot of family around here. But the people that I do have, are such great people. I am going to miss them SO much. I don't know what I will do without my Tamara... and my Mommy. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment