Saturday, March 24, 2012

Early Easter!

Today we went to Bakersfield to visit family celebrate birthdays and Easter, and see my extended family before the big move. It's a 2 hour drive which isn't too bad, but the kids always make it interesting. I'm pretty sure Little B cried at least half of the way. But once we got there everyone had a great time. It was the first time in quite a few years that my whole family was there. My mom AND my dad, which was really nice.
We did an egg hunt, which was B's first real chance to do that. Last year he was only a few weeks old so, so it was fun to watch him walk around and find the eggs. So that was fun, and Mylee just had a blast. It was a good day!
Then there was the infamous Egg Toss. We do it every year. What's more fun then throwing raw eggs at your loved ones? I can't think of many things. My Dad's cousin, Marc, ALWAYS wins. I can only remember one year where he didn't win, and we have done it for many many years. One of these times I'm going to beat him. This was the outcome of today's toss... Thanks Brad.

We also were able to get a picture of 5 generations all together. My Great Grandma, my Grandma AKA Bon Bon, my Dad, me and my kids. I thought it was pretty awesome

It was a good fun family day. I was sad that we were going to miss Easter with the families, but at least we got one! And to be honest I look forward to that damn egg toss all year long!


Bubs and Gunkle waiting for the Egg Hunt to start
Bon-Bon's front yard was decked out with Easter Eggs!
The Poppy's are starting to bloom!
Mylee's friend Jionni came with us too!

No comments:

Post a Comment