Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy Hunger Games

The Hubby and I went and saw the Hunger Games tonight. This movie is slated to be one of the biggest of the year. I read the first book of the series a couple weeks ago and ever since then I have been beyond excited to see the movie. The book was amazing. I couldn't put it down and finished the whole thing in a day. Something I have not been able to do since I had kids. I had to pawn one kid off on a grandma, and Brad was in charge of the little one. But it was mandatory. THAT'S how good the book is.
     I always have a hard time deciding whether or not I like movies that were made from books. The book is always infinitely better than the movie, and this was no exception. I would have probably liked the movie a lot better if I hadn't read the book. It wasn't bad by any means, it just wasn't as good as the book. But, it never is. There were a few minor changes. Like, how Katniss gets the mockingjay pin. Not really a big change, but a change nonetheless. It also lacked a lot of detail that made the Games that much more exciting, and tragic. But, I suppose that putting all of that into a movie would make it 10 hours long.
 While reading the book, I was Team Peeta, but after seeing the movie, I think I will hop on over to Team Gale. Seriously. I really liked Lenny Kravitz as Cinna, I thought that was a good fit. And Jennifer Lawrence was great as Katniss. Katniss' mother was played by Maureen Ashby, of Sons of Anarchy fame. She wasn't in the movie much, and was lacking her Irish accent, but I still liked seeing her in it.
Overall, I would recommend it. I think it is something that both men and woman would both enjoy, so make it a date night movie! I'm curious to see how much money this movie rakes in by the end of the weekend!


 Team Gale or Team Peeta?


On another note, there are some really weird movies that get made. We save a preview for a movie called "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" Seriously... At first I was thinking, "Oh, cool, a movie about Lincoln." Then it just got weird... And weirder. And then it was SO weird that I figured that it had to be some kind of joke. Then the title appeared and I was just blown away. Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. I don't even know what to say about that.




No comments:

Post a Comment