Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Voice- The Battle Rounds Pt. 1

Love The Voice! It's way better than American Idol and all of the other shows like it. I'm not sure what happened to last years winner. But really no one gets famous from the those shows anymore. They get their 15 minutes and they are forgotten.
     Last night was the first night of the "Battle Rounds" Each team sends up 2 of their own members at a time to sing a song chosen by their coach. They make it into a duet and their coach has to decide which one to keep and which one to send home. Sometimes it's obvious, sometimes it's not, sometimes it's like "WTF! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!"

1. Xtina was wearing some funky spaceship looking thing on her head. I dont know what the deal with that was, but it was weird.

2. When did Jewel get her teeth fixed?



3. Carson Daly... I don't know what to say about him, but I feel like something should be said.. Let's just put a pin in it.

First up, was Adams team. Tony from the Mickey Mouse club and Red Pants Chris. They sang U2's Beautiful Day, and it was a pretty good performance. I thought that vocally it was pretty close, but Tony was my favorite. Chris was a little too cheesy for my liking, and I wasn't digging the red pant situation. Cee Lo thought that Tony had taken it, as did Xtina (obviously. she couldn't vote against a Mickey Mouse Alumn with a super adorable kid in the crowd who had a shocking resemblence to Teen Mom 2's Aubree) Blake gave it to Chris, but ultimatley it was in Adam's hands and Tony advanced to the next round. Chris was the cutest loser ever and I felt a little bad for making fun of his red pants.

Next up, Team Blake! (Love Love Love him)  Adley, a pretty tough lookin chick, and Raelyn, a super cute 17 year old pixie of a girl, who looked like she was going to pee her pants, throw up, and pass out, all at once (and also got to hangout with Miranda Lambert. That lucky bitch) They sang Tom Petty's Free Fallin'. I really wasn't impressed with this performance at all. I think that Adley is good, but nothing extrordinary, and Raelyn has a more unique, Dolly Partonish sound, but didn't give a great performance. Xtina and Cee Lo both gave it to Adley but Adam went with Raelyn, but i'm sure that was just a pity vote because he didn't want to break that little girls heart. Shockingly Blake went with Raelyn too! I liked her personality a lot better than Adley, but Adley had a better performance. So, I don't know if Blake sees someting special in her, or if this is all just a strategic move.

Christina's Team went third. Opra Chris, and Monique- Betty Boop. Chris played the dead mommy card, and they sand The Power of Love. They both were good, but again, wasnt blown away by the performance. BettyBoop was super theatrical with her performance and I think Broadway style performing might be more her style. Opra Chris advances to the next round

Team Cee Lo put two catty bitches head to head. Staff Sargent Angie, who is a wench and already thinks she is famous. YouTube famous. She rubbed me the wrong way and I didn't like her. Her opponent, Cheesa (Brad's favorite so far) was also bitchy, but I didnt hate her as much. They argued about what key to sing the song in, and end up singing it in a key that is hard for Cheesa to hit, but she nailed it and sounded great and advanced to the next round



Team Adam and Team Blake both went again, but I had lost interest at the point. It was TOO long! But it seems to be that all of the coaches are being a lot more choosey and making some odd choices that I can only guess have to be part of some bigger plan to win in the end. I am also curious if the coach wins anything. But, I doubt that they need any incentive. I'm sure bragging rights are enough to that crew



No comments:

Post a Comment