Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Nashville News: All Systems a Go!


Our apartment will be ready April 1st. THIS April. Like, 18 days from right now. I’m excited, happy, sad, terrified, and anxious all at the same time. This is real now! Brad even put in his 2 weeks notice at his work today. He is sad about that. He works with some great people and this is the first job he has actually liked and didn’t dread going to everyday.
I am SO looking forward to doubling the size of our home. We outgrew our current house, and it seems to just get smaller and smaller by the day. And 3 bedrooms. That is going to make my life SO much easier. Right now the kids are sharing a room, and it isn’t really working. He needs darkness to sleep, she needs a light. He wakes up the slightest sound, and she is a trasher. I’m so excited to decorate a little boy and a little girl room, as well as a room for us (for me really. Brad always just wants to get everything in black), which WILL be void of any kid crap. I MIGHT even have room to set up my cricut and other craft stuff and make some kick ass crafts that I have pinned on Pinterest. And closets! We have no closets now, and let me tell you, I never realized the importance of closets before now. But I will miss this place and all of the craziness that comes along with it. There is quite a bit of it.
So now, plan out the move and start packing. I packed park of my couponing stockpile so far… That’s about it! I have this problem, and when I feel like I have too much to do, and don’t know where to start, I just don’t do anything. I keep telling myself tomorrow, in an hour, tonight, whatever I have to tell myself to get out of it. The baby is asleep and Mylee is at school, so I should be utilizing this time, but I’m updating my blog and watching Secret Life of the American Teenager instead. I’m not sure what my next excuse will be yet. But, we really don’t have much time. Brad works during the week, and I am either driving all over dropping off and picking up all day, or home with the kids who can unpack twice as fast as I can pack. This Saturday is our little guys first birthday! So we won’t get anything done that day. I want to go to the Natural History Museum in LA in the morning, and then we will let him destroy a cake and do presents with the family. Next weekend we are going to Bakersfield to visit my family before we go, so there is another weekend day where we won’t be able to do much. The following weekend is moving weekend. Holy sweet Jesus. That will be here before I know it. We will get it done! I hope.
Brad and I are planning to leave on Sunday the 1st, and my mom will fly out with the kids on Thursday or Friday. That will be the longest, and farthest I have ever been away from my kids and I am super nervous about that. Just mentioning that the kids will be flying in an airplane sends Brad into a panic attack, but, it is what we have to do I guess. I am looking forward to a sort of vacation with Brad. Once we move, we won’t have babysitters at our disposal, so it might be the last break we get for a while. 
So, we will be in our new home, in our new apartment by Easter. Crazy! Somewhere in the midst of all the moving stuff, I have to get Easter baskets ready! But I love Easter. It's one of my favorite holidays, so I will figure out something fun. Ugh. But this year it ill be lacking Mema's breakfast...bummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment